Whether you’re building a new home with new windows or replacing the windows in your existing home, you’ve certainly heard about vinyl windows.
What types of vinyl windows are quickly becoming the most popular choice for homes in Denver, CO and the rest of the country?
There is a massive selection of vinyl windows for you to choose from so it’s a great idea to have basic knowledge of what you’re looking for before you start shopping. The following article details vinyl window basics and the different types of vinyl windows so you are better equipped to choose what’s best for your home.
- Vinyl windows are made from a rigid synthetic plastic material called PVC. PVC is ideal for window frames as it is insulating, durable and strong. PVC (and therefore vinyl), serves as a superior window material because it uses that strength to hold up to weather fluctuations.
- Extreme winter cold in Denver, CO will not crack or warp vinyl window frames. Vinyl windows do not have high heat transference rates and are very insulating, meaning the cool air-conditioned air stays inside your home during those hot Denver summer days.
In addition to energy efficiency and durability, vinyl windows also offer easy maintenance. They require almost no upkeep at all! You never need to re-sand, re-paint or re-stain vinyl windows and they just need a gentle wash every so often to look new.
Types of Vinyl Windows
Vinyl windows can be ordered in a massive range of shapes, sizes and styles. In fact, it’s easy to order completely customized vinyl windows for your home. However, there are four basic vinyl window types that are stylish and functional for both replacement and new construction projects. They fit in with a lot of different home’s needs and styles:
- Vertical Slider – Vertical slider vinyl windows open vertically on sliding tracks. They are visually seamless and very energy efficient.
- Casement—Casement windows crank outward and are the most energy efficient operating window.
- Awning – Awning vinyl windows are similar to casement in that they are crank open, however their hinge is at the top of the frame. They offer a tight seal against the elements.
- Horizontal Slider – Horizontal slider vinyl windows are just like vertical sliders in almost every way, except they open horizontally rather than vertically.
Customized Vinyl Windows
The four basic types are readily available in most stores for quick ordering. You can also order customized vinyl windows for a special window shape, or to meet your exact style preferences. Examples of these customized vinyl windows are:
- Garden Windows – Garden vinyl windows extend outward into the outdoor space at 90-degree angles to make a room seem larger.
- Bay and Bow Windows – Bay and bow windows are just like garden vinyl windows, except they project outward at irregular or customized angles.
- Geometric Windows – Vinyl windows are easily made into various geometric shapes like arched, trapezoidal, square or rectangular.
Come to Millennium Windows & Siding for all of your vinyl replacement window needs in Denver & Colorado Springs. Our store serves the Denver, CO area from 1209 W 50Th Place Unit B, Wheat Ridge CO 80033. Call today at 720-508-4385.