While finding and buying replacement windows for your Wheat Ridge, CO home may seem like the hardest part of the process, the installation often requires almost as many steps. The majority of window contractors have their own specific steps and processes; most replacement window installations follow the same basic steps. Learn more about the process so you can be better prepared for your replacement windows to be installed in your home, and so you can get excited about having brand new, beautiful windows.
Most window contractors start off by giving the details of their specific installation process. While there are always deviations from contractor to contractor, some steps always remain the same:
- Brief Rundown – You can expect a call or email from your contractor in the days or weeks before your installation to confirm the appointment, and to give you a brief rundown of what to expect.
- Your Preparation – Make sure to do you part to prepare your home. Do this by removing any blinds, curtains or other window treatments from the old windows, moving furniture or items away from the work area, and clearing pathways from the doors to the work areas. Anything you can do to prepare your home before the crew arrives will help make the processes faster and easier.
- Crew Preparation – Once the crew arrives, they will place drop clothes around the work area to catch debris and dust from the installation.
- Old Window Removal – The crew then removes the old windows while taking care to maintain the window opening and the surrounding area.
- Prepare For New Windows – Once the old windows are out, the installers clean the opening and place the new windows.
- Sealing and Insulation – After the new window is carefully put into place, the crew insulates and seals the frame into its new home. The insulation is one of the most important parts of your replacement window, as it will help keep the cold air and moisture outside, saving you money on energy costs.
- Clean Up – The crew will remove old windows, clear away debris, and fold up the drop clothes to leave your home as clean as possible.
- Inspection – Generally, a supervisor or lead crewmember will perform one final inspection of the new windows to insure quality and proper installation. This is your chance to ask any final questions.
Window installation times can vary greatly depending on weather, number of windows, and the condition of the old windows. However, most projects take one to two days. Your contractor can give you a more specific time frame with your windows and needs taken into account.
Millennium Windows & Siding offers a range of Wheat Ridge, CO replacement window services. We would love to answer any questions you may have about replacement windows in general, or our specific installation process. Please pay us a visit at 12090 W 50th Pl Unit B Wheat Ridge, CO 80033, or give us a call at (720) 508-4385 for more information.